Playing Catch up

Can you believe it's already Tuesday evening? The last two days have been a blur of activity for me. I missed Happy Homemaker Monday with Diary of A Stay at Home Mom but will still make the rounds on everyone else who posted.

If you're interested in seeing what we ate last week you can check out this post. I'll have this weeks menu recap up on Friday.
My weekend consisted of amazing food like this from Dennies on Saturday night.
Crawfish etouffee, fried crawfish, and crawfish bisque

We got home late Sunday afternoon from our trip to New Orleans (I'll have a great post later this week on fun things to do there that won't break your bank). It's always wonderful to be home after time away, even if it means your lugging suitcases upstairs, doing three loads of laundry, mowing the yard, and calming the dogs who think they've been abandoned despite having a great dog sitter all in the first few hours of being home. There's still nothing like taking a hot shower in your shower or crawling into your bed at the end of the day.

The trip while fun was stressful because of Kyla's eye condition. The news we received wasn't the best and it's left a strain on all of us as we continue to move forward. I have to say I'm profoundly proud of how well Kyla is facing her illness and that she doesn't stay 'knocked down' for long. She's got so much fight in here, the world better watch out because she's going to take it by storm.

*I haven't yet written about Kyla's eye condition, I will...but it takes a lot out of me to focus on it. For now, I'll leave you with this, she has a degenerative eye disease called RP. There's no cure, no real treatment, just faulty 'bandaid' type fixes that don't last*

Monday was spent with me at the doctor's office for the second time this month. Sometime last month I had an allergic reaction to something and it caused a godawful rash under my arm. After weeks of not being able to get rid of it with over the counter medicines, I caved and went to see my doctor. She gave a wonderful steroid shot and some steroid cream and now 24 hours later I'm almost rash free.

But the highlight of yesterday was the family trip to the movies to see Avengers: Endgame. Y'all it was so very good!! It was so much fun to see how excited Hayley got watching the movie, she was twitchy and jumpy and so hyper throughout. She is begging to go see it again, I told Mike he is in charge of all second viewings.

Me and my girls, we are more excited than we look I promise
Which brings us to today. I spent most of my day paying bills, cleaning the house, and reading for hours. Mike and I are wrapping up our night watching an episode of West World. Afterward, I think I'm going to curl up with my crochet project and watch a documentary or movie and then it's an early bedtime. Was up much earlier than I am used to this morning and I can feel it.

So that's my week so far, how is yours going?

No comments:

Post a Comment